Water is used in the steel industries for indirect cooling of primary and reheat furnaces, high pressure de-
scaling of hot rolled products and for direct spraying on rollers and bearings, cooling of cold rolled products, wet scrubbing of furnace off-gases and for indirect cooling of the oxygen lance in the basic oxygen furnace and the copper mould in the continuous casting machines.
Part of the water is used for dust control in sinter feeds, slurrying and quenching iron ore and coal dust and slag in the blast furnace and as a solvent for acid in pickling, rinsing in coal rolling operation. The balance water is utilised in cooling and wet scrubbing of hot furnace gases. Furnace gases contain carbon monoxide and are reused as fuel for gas fired boilers and in waste heat recovery boilers.
- UNI-TREAT® Series Of Cooling Water Treatment Chemical Solutions
- UNI-TREAT® Descaling Chemicals
- UNI-TREAT® R. O. Treatment Chemicals
- Water Softning Plant
- Demineralization Systems (D. M. Plant)
- Reverse Osmosis System (R. O. Plant)
- Filtration Media > Ion-exchange resins